Friday, April 13, 2018

You're Clawsome! -- Dragon's Lair Designs

Woohoo!  It's Friday!  But it certainly isn't spring.  We are having yet another winter storm.  This must be Mother Nature's Friday the 13th joke on us, but it's supposed to last all weekend, with a possibility of 14-18 inches of snow.  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  We just start to see some bare ground and we get walloped again.  We live across from a small lake, and the geese and ducks have been sitting on it for weeks now, waiting for the ice to melt so the nesting process can begin.  Hurry up, Spring!!!!!

Since the weather is so depressing, I stayed inside and crafted this afternoon.  At least that was fun!  I worked on a few cards, including this one, with several challenges in mind.  It uses a Dragon's Lair Designs image from this month's progressive freebie.  It also uses papers and embellishments from Dragon's Lair Designs Girls World Mini Kit, and free add-on and it uses this week's card sketch from The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  So, I'm entering those challenges with it for sure!!  (plus a few others, of course!)

This card uses the digital stamp, Penny Dragons Discovery:


I often work with digital papers, but the digital elements were new for me, so this was a challenge.  I also have never colored a yellow and orange dragon, but hey, I had to match the papers, right?  I think she turned out pretty cute, actually.  

I enjoyed this week's sketch from the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  We could choose any sketch we wanted to work with, but this one worked well with my image, so I went with it.  I'm also entering it in this week's Festive Friday Challenge at The Outlawz, with the theme of Best Friends, as these 2 look very cozy to me! 

The sentiment is from an acrylic stamp set from Pretty Cute Stamps called Fur Baby (a set of dog stamps), but a thought it worked well for this dragon.  

I colored the Penny Dragons Discovery image with Copic markers, then fussy cut it. 

In order to enter this in the Girls World at Dragon's Lair Designs, I had to use both the Girls World Digital Mini Kit, and the free add-on.  I used them both on this card.  

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
IDCB -- use a real stamp (sentiment)
Elliebelle's Crafty Wednesday -- say it with flowers
Lemon Shortbread Challenge -- ATG
Dragon's Lair Designs Monthly Challenge -- Girl's World
Dragon's Lair Designs April FB Coloring Event -- progressive Freebie
Festive Friday Outlawz Challenge -- Best Friends
Outlawz Wednesday Challenge -- Sketch

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Julie, loving the colors and fun design!
    Sorry to hear about all the snow you're expecting again! We're supposed to get some on Sunday here in IL but I am sure it won't be much. We've had almost 80 degrees here yesterday ... some really strange weather this month!

    Thanks so much for playing along this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge.
    PS: Your prize should reach you by tomorrow, I was told by post office :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is beautiful. Love the matching colors. Stay safe this weekend. Have to travel to Stevens Point for my parents 50th Anniversary Celebration. They didn't have it in February because they were worried about bad weather...haha it's an april fools on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Lemon Shortbread Challenge.
    Laine - DT

    ReplyDelete