Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Flowers Bloom -- for MHKDesigns

Happy Tuesday, crafty friends!  Happy February!  Days are getting longer, birds are singing a bit more, so there really are some signs of spring in the meds of winter!

Today, there's a new challenge starting on the MHKDesigns blog.  Challenges now start on the first of the month and run all month. They are Anything Goes, if you use an MHKDesigns image, and there's an inspiration board to follow if you want.

As many of you know, I have Lymphoma and am undergoing chemo treatments.  I found great inspiration in the card I made for this month's challenge.  This quote brought me great comfort....


This card uses MHKDesigns, Open Bloom for both the flower and the sentiment.  The flower is colored with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils on Kraft.  The gorgeous designer paper, also from MHKDesigns,  is from the Get Well Flowers digital paper pack.

I cut the card shape out on my Silhouette Cameo, using a cutting file from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons.  The stitched oval cutting dies are from Die-namics.  The 3D flower is from my stash.





Inspiration Board for February Challenge


I hope you can join us this month at MHKDesigns!  I'd love to see what you make, and the prizes are wonderful!  Come link up!



4 comments:

  1. I love the color combo you used and how you brought it all together with the wonderful coloring of the image. You are in my prayers. Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie that is gorgeous! Love the bright colors and your coloring is just beautiful! Keep up the positive attitude!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow! The coloring on kraft totally POPS right up at you, Julie! The bold pink you used is perfect, too! Gorgeous creation, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete