Monday, May 5, 2014

Everything's coming up -- Tulips!

There are a few signs of Spring showing up in my yard.  My tulips are up, but not yet in bloom, but I have hope.  This week, with the start of a new term for The Cutting Cafe, we're designing with a variety of tulip files:

I chose to use the Tulip Shaped Card Set, and used it to create this:


This tulip card makes me happy, knowing that soon, the tulips will be blooming here!  I used papers from Close To My Heart to make this card.  The ribbon and vintage button are from 3 Girl JAM.  I faux stitched around the card with a black marker.  I didn't put a sentiment on the card as it seemed complete just as it is!  Bloom, tulips, bloom!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday -- May Linky Party 
Just B Creative Crazy -- May Linky Party

9 comments:

  1. this is sooooooooooooo STINKIN CUTE..........totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have hope dear lady…there will be flowers!! Love this shape, Julie! This is such a pretty card. I really like your faux stitching around the edges, that adds so much to your design. Ahh…it's Monday, have a happy day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love, this card. Tulips are my fav and The papers you used are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinkin cute.......The little stitching adds the perfect little texture to your sweet creation..Hugs, Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Julie! Glad to be on the same DT again with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love the colors you picked! get it, picked...haha, it's punny! And don't feel bad, my tulips in my yard are procrastinating....no blooms yet!

    ReplyDelete