Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to School with The Cutting Cafe

This week, the Cutting Café design team is making projects using school themed cutting files and printable stamps.  I have to admit, this one was a bit more of a challenge for me than last week.  Sometimes I get an idea, and it doesn't quite turn out in real life like it looks in my head.  Ever have that happen?  This was one of those projects.
Well, enough babbling.  Let's get to the project.  I used the Pencil Box cutting file, You Color My World printable set, and the School borders printable set to make this:


 
The pencil box is BIG! And TALL! It holds 18 pencils.  The papers are by Piggy Tales.  The ribbon is from Close To My Heart. I printed the sentiment, then used a Spellbinders ribbon slide die.
Here's a different angle where you can see the box shape a little better.
 
 
I colored the School Borders Printable Set with watercolor pencils.
And, one more close up picture of the water colored pencils and the sentiment...
 
 
I'm using this pencil box to send some watercolor pencils to a crafty friend. I hope she likes it!
I am entering this pencil box in Ribbon Carousel's "Back to School" Challenge


2 comments: