Monday, August 19, 2013

BUGS! For Get Inky! Stamps

A new challenge starts today on the Get Inky! Challenge blog.  The theme can be anything -- as long as it includes a bug. 
I've been working with Perfect Pearls lately, so decided to continue with that line of thinking, and used one of the newer Get Inky! Stamps releases, Love Bug.
 
 
 
I find that the Perfect Pearls show up best on darker color card stock.  This is Close To My Heart outdoor denim.  All the butterflies and bugs, along with the sentiment are from the Love Bug set -- it's a real cutie!  I stamped using Versamark ink, then brushed various colors of Perfect Pearls on the bugs where I wanted the color to be. I made sure to leave room for the sentiment, then used the same technique on that.  All the leftover powder can be dusted off with a larger brush.
I mounted the outdoor denim card stock to a piece of textured white c.s., and that is adhered to a crystal blue card base. Hope you like my "buggy" creation!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! how cute is this...cute as a bug i'd say!! love those pearly critters, julie!!

    ReplyDelete