Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Melon Thanks

Sometimes I make a card and think, "oh well, it'll have to do."  Sometimes I make a card and absolutely love it.  Today's card falls into the "I absolutely love it" category. 
I'm posting today on the 3 Girl JAM blog, with this little lovely:
 
 
She just makes me happy with her sweet smile and bright outfit.  The image and sentiment are from Sparkle Creations. Her name is Watermelon Rin. The crinkle ribbon is, of course, 3 Girl JAM, and it's the Cherry Lipstick, from the Pink and White Bundle.  I used American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6x6 papers on this card.  The image is colored with Copic markers.  I used a Spellbinder Gold die, and sponged the paper with Tim Holtz spun sugar distress ink while still in the die, concentrating on the edges of the paper. The bow is popped up on a Vintage button, also from the 3 Girl JAM store.
 
That's it for me today.  I hope you can visit my blog this weekend.  I'm posting again tomorrow, and I have 3 posts on Saturday!
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Sister Act Card Challenge -- anything goes
D.L. Art Thankful Thursday Linky Party -- anything goes
Simon Says Stamp -- anything goes
Marker Pop Challenge-- Summer Fun
Oozak Challenge Blog -- anything goes with a sentiment
Ribbon Carousel -- fun in the Sun
Reasonable Ribbon -- I'm seeing dots and ribbon
AUD Sentiments -- Summer sentiment
SYCN challenge -- Anything Goes



13 comments:

  1. This is delightful with such cheerful colours. Super cute image.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I also love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ribbon treatment! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, my friend! What an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely! Great colors too!

    Thank you so much for playing along at Really Reasonable Ribbon! See you next time!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so super adorable I love the patterned papers together and the ribbon.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card and very creative sentiment. Thanks for joining us in our Summer challenge at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing job, thank you for joining the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Love the patterns, fun design and fabulous image.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations. You have won the Craftwork Cards prize over on Simon Says Challenge. Please email us so we can explain how you claim your prize.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Simon Says Stamps :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. The colours are so bright and cheerful. You have done a great job :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Feel free to enter my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete