Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Unity Kit of the Month and Ippity Challenges -- one card

I'm using this card for 3 challenges -- Unity's Kit of the Month challenge, using a sketch; Ippity's challenge, using Itty Bitties, and cropchocolate.com's weekly contest with this week's theme of combining old and new.

I've had some mat stacks by Making Memories for as many years as I've been scrapbooking.  They were some of the first paper I bought.  I dug the pastel stack out to make this card.  I used the sunburst technique for the first time, so that was my "new" element for the challenge.  I used 2 Unity Itty Bitties:  Direction of Happy (new) and Life Brighter (already inky).

Here's the sketch I used for the card:

I enjoyed this sunburst technique, after I figured out a way to do it.  I might have to try it again. Some of the butterflies on the card were fussy cut and the wings were curled a bit to give a 3D effect. Close To My Heart ink was used in Gypsy and Blush. Thanks for looking!  Come back this weekend -- I'm hopping with scrapbooksteals.com, and will have blog candy to give away.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Julie! Love the paper choices and the butterflies are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunburst card!! So glad you played along with the Ippity challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete